We are pleased to announce the release of SQLyog – MySQL GUI 8.5 GA. Below are some pointers:
- As the title suggests this release comes with tabbed interface for different connections. We need not have to emphasize the usability of a tabbed interface vs. a windowed one. All web browsers have already demonstrated it to us. Now in SQLyog, you can switch between different connections in a snap! We didn’t forget to add keyboard shortcuts to jump from one tab to other. Most – if not all – shortcuts for tabs of a standard web browser would work with SQLyog. Multi-coloring of connection tabs & object browser pane adds to the ease of use. Chances of one executing queries in one server than the other by mistake would be rare as the brain would easily grasp the connection by it’s color. Demoed below is a typical setup of multi-colored tabs in a Web Developer’s PC:
- If you remember we added client side sorting of Result set data in SQLyog 8.4. With this release you can even filter the data of Result set on client side unlike Table Data where a query is fired to server for every sort or filter action. One more addition to view relevant data quickly.
- Who likes to right-click & open a file when you can just drag-and-drop? We bet you don’t. You can drag-and-drop files (SQL or Schema Design XML/Query Builder XML) directly into SQLyog.
- Whoever uses SQLyog for data entry or manipulation would love this feature to duplicate data in a record. Many a time all one needs is to change only few fields & retain the rest of the data from the preceding row. This feature would come handy in such cases. Tables with auto_increment columns are handed automatically.
This release also contains many more enhancements & bug fixes. Refer the following release notes for details:
- SQLyog 8.5 RC3 Release Notes
- SQLyog 8.5 RC2 Release Notes
- SQLyog 8.5 RC Release Notes
- SQLyog 8.5 beta3 Release Notes
- SQLyog 8.5 beta2 Release Notes
- SQLyog 8.5 beta1 Release Notes
We are very excited about this release, and hope that you will like it. We would love to hear from you.