Changes (as compared to 8.22) include:
* Added an option to define a ‘color code’ for a connection. The color will be used as background color in the Object Browser.
* A Query Builder session can now be saved and resumed.
* In Query Builder a table alias can be defined for any table by double-clicking the title bar of the table symbol.
* In RESULT tab results can now be retrieved page-wise. This is ON as default with this build with a defined LIMIT of 1000 rows. For a specific query user can change and for this specific query the setting is persistent across sessions. Also read ‘miscellaneous’ paragraph below.
* Added a context menu to Query Builder canvas.
* Deleting a user would leave non-global privileges orphaned in the ‘mysql’ database. Now we use DELETE USER syntax if server supports.
* Also using EDIT USER dialogue to change host or user specifier for a user would not move non-global privileges. We have split the old ALTER USER dialogue into two: a EDIT USER and RENAME USER dialogue. The latter will use RENAME USER syntax if server supports.
* On Wine Data Sync could generate a malformed XML-string what would case Data Sync to abort.
* Fixed an issue where SSH-tunneling failed with public/private key authentication. Technically the fix is in the PLINK binary shipped with SQLyog.
* SJA failed to send notification mails if Yahoo SMTP servers were used. Note that the fix disables encryption option with Yahoo SMTP servers – but it won’t work anyway due to a non-standard SMTP implementation server-side.
* When importing data from a Universe ODBC-source string data could be truncated.
* The fix in 8.22 for the issue that horizontal scrollbar in GRID would sometime not appear was not complete. It could still happen.
* SQLyog will now trim trailing whitespaces in Connection Manager and Create object dialogs to avoid MySQL Errors..
* Opening a file from ‘recent files’ list could crash SQLyog if a Query Builder or Schema Designer tab was selected and the file specified was not a valid XML file for that tab. This bug was introduced in beta 1.
* When calling a Stored Procedure with more than one SELECT statement from ‘Notifications Services’ only one result set was sent by mail.
* The sja.log file had no line-breaks between what was recorded for two jobs.
* On multi-monitor system resizable dialogues could open on the wrong monitor. New implementation is like this: on multi-monitor systems main program dialogue and ‘first child dialogue’ (example: ALTER TABLE) will open where they were closed (if possible), second and higher child dialogues (example: table advanced properties) will always open on top of its ‘parent’ dialogue. Non-resizable dialogues (such as confirmation boxes) will always open on top of their ‘parent’.
* With multiple SSH-tunnelled connections open stopping and re-executing queries in multiple connections in a fast manner could crash SQLyog.
* If more than one comment occurred before a SELECT statement in the editor, the statement was not identified as a SELECT statement by the Query Profiler and the Query Profiler TAB would not display.
* We did not validate client-side if user checked atoincrement option for a bit column with Create/Alter table dialog.
* If an error occurred while renaming a trigger then trigger was lost as SQLyog was not recreating it back.
* Small GUI fixes.
* The default LIMIT setting for DATA tab has been removed. The setting is not required since we introduced table-level persistence for number of rows displayed. The default for new tables that have not been opened before is 50 – but when user changes the value and next ‘refresh’es SQLyog will save the LIMIT for that particular table persistently across sessions. This in combination with page-wise display in RESULT tab results in a more uniform User Interface for DATA and RESULT tabs.