This new release of SQLyog primarily addresses a long-time concern by corporate users preferring to do a ‘silent installation’ over the corporate network. Even though ‘silent installation’ already was possible, every instance still had to be registered interactively from the workstation by every user. Now registration details can be applied on the command-line as well when doing a ‘silent install’. In addition to command-line this has been tested with a number of 3rd party softwares used by corporations for managing a centralized software repository and for centralized software management.
Changes as compared to MySQL GUI 12.4.3 include:
* Added command-line syntax for applying registration details when doing a ‘silent install’. You may refer this FAQ for details. Note that this option is only available for Ultimate edition.
* A notification is now displayed when a large operation has finished (program icon in taskbar will ‘blink’).
* Fixed a bug in JSON export where reserved characters for JSON were not escaped properly.
* SJA for Linux now requires Linux kernel version 2.6.32 or higher.
* Now Date along with Time is also displayed in History tab.